Preventing Global & Existential Catastrophe
Reducing the risk of human extinction and preserving our planet and beyond for future generations
Because how can we and others reach our full potential and accomplish our life goals if our planet gets destroyed and we're all dead?
See also: Global catastrophic risk on Wikipedia
See more here
- Future Of Humanity Institute
- The Future of Life Institute
- Philosopher Nick Bostrom talks about the existential risks faced by Humanity
- Peter Kareiva - Avoiding Species Extinction
- Dr Toby Ord - Will We Cause Our Own Extinction? Natural versus Anthropogenic Extinction Risks
Are any of the following books good?
- Existential Risks and Extreme Opportunities
- How We Can Save the Planet: Preventing Global Climate Catastrophe
- Global Catastrophic Risks
- Our Final Century?: Will the Human Race Survive the Twenty-first Century?
- Our Final Hour: A Scientist's Warning
- The End of the World: The Science and Ethics of Human Extinction
Creating a map of the terrian, and a venacular
- What institutions are working on global catastrophic and existential risk?
- How likely are various risks, which are the most likely, which the most devistating?
- Which individuals have the best understanding of catastrophic risk?
- What can we do to prevent global or existential catastrophe?
- If some event cannot be avoided, how can we surive it? (e.g. a table of events -> strategies)
- What are the best books or resources on the subject?